Topics

Preserve Q-Performance History / Migrate

Jon Matcho

Hello,

As you may know Yahoo no longer supports attachments on group emails, and will be deleting this group’s files, photos, and attachments on December 14, 2019.

This list’s history goes back to 2003 and I would like to preserve its posts and files/photos for others to find – and even reply to in the future.  I have set up a destination at groups.io (sponsored by the Canard Zone) that would allow migrating all posts and members to a supported environment (most everyone in Yahoo is going this route).

If this is something of interest to the Moderators here, I can easily perform this operation as I am also doing for other canard-type mailing lists in the same situation.  I have been a member here for a while, but do not know who’s in charge.

Please let me know if you would like this list’s information preserved (I would! 😊).

Best regards,

Jon

Jon Matcho

Builder / Administrator

jonmatcho@...

Repairing Quickie TriQ-200

Building a Cozy Mark IV

www.canardzone.com

www.quickheads.com

PETER HARRIS

Thanks Jon, yes I would like to have it preserved and well done for your action.

Regards

Peter

On 5/11/2019 11:47 pm, jonmatcho@... [Q-Performance] wrote:

[...]

charlie

Thank you for this Jon,
A few years back I lost a forum when the host decided to shut down, we were never offered a copy, three of us tried to harvest the 11 years of posts but even after many 18-20 hour days we later realized we needed the original Phpbb script to utilize what we thought we saved.
I have just been here since at least 2007 and recognize how much useful information is in these posts that do get searched from time to time. I have the posts in my antique email system from then but would like to reference back further at times.
Regards and thank you,
Charlie North.

This list’s history goes back to 2003 and I would like to preserve its posts and files/photos for others to find and even reply tto in the future.  I have set up a destination at groups.io (sponsored by the Canard Zone) that would allow migrating all posts and members to a supported environment (most everyone in Yahoo is going this route).