Topics

[Q-List] Migrating Q-Performance email list

Sam Hoskins

Jon, this is not correct. The sub-groups are their own entity and do not cross post.   https://groups.io/g/GroupManagersForum/wiki/Subgroups

Let's take this off-line until we get it straightened out and we can send out a notice explaining the new sub-groups and how they work.

Sam

On Fri, Nov 8, 2019 at 3:01 PM Jon Matcho <jonmatcho@...> wrote:

The original purpose to create the Q-Performance list was to keep the “per plans” mindset in focus with the Q-List group.  Making Q-Performance a subgroup of the new QAB group will result in the following:

  1. Posting to the main QAB group will ALSO send messages to everyone who is a member of the subgroup.
  2. Members of the Q-Performance subgroup will naturally reply, and posts will quickly become intermixed.
  3. That’s really it – you’ll soon have no reason for a subgroup considering all the cross-posting that will happen.

The Canard Zone lists were set up with this in mind, where each subgroup operates independently.  The main membership group is only used for community-wide announcements.

Pat, I did not know you were the owner of that group.  I’ll gladly support migrating the Q-Performance group into a group that is ready and waiting for your arrival.  I set you up as a moderator there.

I can migrate your Q1 list as well – I didn’t know it existed until now.

Kindly,

Jon

Jon Matcho

Builder / Administrator