As with discussions with you in the past I do not feel a 447 is the right motor as well to fly behind especially with a clean plane that will be in trailing throttle allot during descents.

The Onan was pulling head studs especially with the shaved heads. I am not sure if problems went beyond that since back in the '80s word did not travel very fast if there were "issues".
An engine with the longer strokes might have been of interest had we known of them at the time but to me they were still of too little power for those of us out east on shorter runways.

At 05:32 AM 12/1/2018, you wrote:

From: armilite@...
To: Q-LIST@...
Sent: 12/1/2018 4:28:14 AM Central Standard Time
Subject: Quickie(Q1) Onan Engine Spec's?

The Original Quickie(Q1) used an Onan Engine that was 18hp@3600rpm. Does anyone know what CC/CI it was and is that the right rpm that it was rated 18hp at on the Q1? I believe the Onan was upgraded later to 22hp by Milling the Head for a Higher CR, does anyone know what the Onan Spec's were? Did it use a Reduction Drive? They seem to have been used on Generators and Lawn Tractors at least.
Wiki says Powerplant: 1 Onan opposed 4-stroke piston engine, 18 hp (14 kW) at 3,600 rpm
Bore
Stroke
CC
18hp@3600rpm
CR
Carb Size
 ============================
Bore
Stroke
CC
22hp@???? rpm
CR
Carb Size

Does this look like the Spec's?
https://www.mytractorforum.com/images/reference/Onan_16_18_20_24.pdf

This manual shows 7.0cr for 18hp, 20hp, 24hp.
https://www.scribd.com/doc/47347672/Onan-P216-P218-P220-P224-Service-Manual