From: "Letempt, Jeffrey CW4" <letemptj@...>
To: <Q-LIST@...>; <dragonflylist@...>;
<raptor-builder@...>
Sent: Friday, February 07, 2003 2:47 PM
Subject: [Q-LIST] RE: 2003 Fly-In

I know it is way to early to get an accurate indication of what the group
is
thinking as a whole, but very early returns are very positive. I wanted
just put out a introductory announcement to get the pulse of the group. I
have been asked for more details and I would be happy to oblige.....

If it is the general consensus that a move would be beneficial the fly-in
would be held at Sullivan, MO (KUUV). They built the entire airport from
scratch just 11 years ago. There is a 4500' x 75' runway with a parallel
taxi way. There are 5 hotels within 1.5 miles of the airport. Many
restaurants within 2 miles from the airport. Sullivan is right on I-44,
30
miles from the population center of the US. Just a 1 hour drive from St
Louis Lambert International Airport that is served by 14 major airlines.

If you want to see a draft copy of the article that will go out in the
Q-Talk and DBFN as well as a decision matrix, historical weather
information
paper for the area, and several web links for the Sullivan area all you
have
to do is go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TandemWingFly_In/ and join
the
group or I will email them to you directly.

Jeff