From: BD5ER@... [mailto:BD5ER@...]
Sent: Friday, June 06, 2003 11:51 AM
To: Q-LIST@...
Subject: Re: [Q-LIST] Re: Alt engine for Q1

In a message dated 6/6/03 12:21:19 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
rryan@... writes:

What would be the fuel consumption for a 40 hp engine?

Ryan
I'm at the keyboard so.......

Depends on how efficient your motor is, but on average for an air-cooled
motor of the sophistication we normally bolt on an aircraft you
can figure around
.45 to .47 pounds of fuel per horsepower per hour.

40 Hp @ .45#/hp/hr = 3.2 gallons per hour.

Leon McAtee
Q-1 1/2 VW.........At least it still kind of looks like
one......if you look
quick
Looking for Aeronca C-3 Factory drawings/copies
\ /