Re: IFR

Bruce Crain

A Navaid Wingleveler is a great help and safety item. But I'm not an IFR
pilot so it is an uneducated information opinion.

Bruce Crain

On Sat, 19 Aug 2000 22:21:06 -0500 kittleson1@... writes:
Leon,

Before you spend a lot of money on a nice IFR panel and intentions to
fly
the thing in
conditions less than VMC, you ought to get some time in one of these
airplanes.

I passed my first instrument check about 22 years ago and have at
least a
couple thousand hours (without an autopilot) while IMC. (And at
least
as many with an AP)

My Quickie has a pretty good instrument panel, but I'll be real
careful
tackling some no kidding IFR.

Let's just say if you fly it on a regular basis to work, and have
everything memorized, get nothing new in a clearance and are a heck of
good instrument pilot, you may do OK. If your experience is
considerably
less than mine, it's probably a bad idea.

I don't want you to get some great expectation for your craft that it
will probably not meet.

It's not a good instrument platform, that's why it's so fun to fly.

Al

Maybe this is one area for the "other" group to investigate -
modifications to make this thing more stable. In your experience
are the
Q's not stable enough (for IFR) in all 3 axis' or have you found
that one
(pitch roll or yaw) is the most in need of work.
If there is any chance of ice I'll drive (with studded snow
tires).

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.