Re: CAD LS-1

David J. Gall

----- Original Message -----
From: Ted Forringer <forringer@...>
To: q-list@...
Subject: Re: [Q-LIST] CAD LS-1
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 15:45:54 -0500

If discussion about ideas is not the purpose of the Q-List, then it has no
reason to exist.
Based on where this conversation started, it seems that by "ideas" you
mean "untested ideas that significantly change the structural or
aerodynamic properties of a Q-bird." (No offense intended, see
below.) I can think of several other reasons for this group:

1) Give advise to builders who are having trouble understanding the plans.
2) Provide flight reports to encourage builders.
3) Share "incident reports" to notify others about possible
maintenance/design issues.
4) Share proven/tested enhancements to the design.
5) Give advice on where to purchase parts.

There must be many more that don't come to mind in 30 seconds.

By the way, I am not a "just build it by the plans" guy. I am
building a tri-gear dragonfly with a Roncz (Long-EZ style) canard and
a corvair. I love discussing "untested ideas that significantly
change the structural or aerodynamic properties of a
Q-Bird/dragonfly." But I do it on a separate list specifically for
that purpose. It makes sense to me that radical design changes should
be kept separate from advise on how to build a mostly stock airplane.

I will go back into "lurker mode" now. :)

-Ted Forringer