From: anav8r_guy
To: Q-LIST@...
Sent: Tuesday, November 30, 2004 5:01 PM
Subject: [Q-LIST] Re: Sport pilot legal?

Does this also apply to the Q1? I'd hope for a slower stall speed from
a small plane with a sub mach cruise speed. Is there a future for the
Q1 as a Sport Pilot capable aircraft?

John
So Oregon

--- In Q-LIST@..., Mike Perry <dmperry1012@c...> wrote:
> Not even close as I understand the rules. Pitch Buck = Canard
Stall;
> happens at over 60 mph in the best of these planes. Even with VG's
James
> Postma can't get under 60 mph.
>
> Mike Perry
> Atascadero, CA
>

> At 12:44 AM 11/28/2004 +0000, you wrote:
>
> >Subject line says it all.
> >
> >I had first looked into purchasing a "Q" kit in the '80s but time
did
> >not permit me to pursue it. I instead bought a Cessna 172 and later
> >177RG. I am now again considering building a "Q" but need to
> >re-educate myself about the aircraft. Since I plan to fly under the
> >new Sport Pilot rules and not my rusty commercial ticket will a Q2
fit
> >into the new Sport Pilot aircraft criteria? Although the gross
weight
> >and max cruise speed are within limits with a landing speed of
70mph
> >is the stall speed under the 51mph maximum? It appears the single
seat
> >Quickie fits in the Sport Pilot category but I'd really like to get
> >two seats instead of one.
> >
> >Any information or guidance you might provide would be appreciated.
> >
> >Regards,
> >John
> >

> >Quickie Builders Association WEB site
> ><http://www.quickiebuilders.org>http://www.quickiebuilders.org
> >

> >Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
>
><http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129pjqrmu/M=298184.5
639630.6699735.3001176/D=groups/S=1705065618:HM/EX
P=1101689061/A=2434971/R=0/SIG=11eeoolb0/*http://w
ww.netflix.com/Default?mqso=60185400>1391114.jpg
> >1391182.jpg

> > *

> > *

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor