Re: X wind landings in a Q

Jim Patillo

Doug,

Maybe you need the seven pack. Juuussst kidding! Take a breath and
relax. Its gonna be summer real soon.

Thanks for the call to Bob to offer assistance at our West Coast
Tandem Wing FlyIn this August. You really are a champion for Quickie
Airplanes and are doing a fantastic job in your new position. It
will be fun to get you out here and chat it up. Looks like we gonna
have another fun Cailfornia weekend.

BTW, just cause your rudders bigger n' mine doesn't mean you know
how to hold your mouth just right for landing in a nasty crosswind.
I bet you didn't have your crosswind boots on either, did you?

Best regards,

Jim Patillo N46JP Q200

--- In Q-LIST@yahoogroups.com, "HawkiDoug" <hawkidoug@c...> wrote:
Like I said. I don't want to start with the rudder thing because
mine came
this way and my point is I'm glad I had differential brakes which
I believe
is part of "setting them up properly". I don't consider my bird
squirrelly
either and it doesn't have some of the six pack mods which I do
advocate. My
experience level has a lot to do with the situation also, as I
have never
been involved in crosswinds of this nature in any airplane. My
runway
options yesterday were limited because the more favorable runway
was down
for maintenance. It would have cut an 80 degree crosswind to a 40
degree
cross wind similar to the situation you described Jim, and I
might not have
written my 1st email in the first place. I only wrote it because
the point
is the airplane & I made a successful landing and it DID handle
the
crosswind.

Do we need to make the 6 pack a 7 pack? Because I haven't read
which is the
best way to hold my mouth to help my landings. :) Maybe when I
come to
Livermore in August I can get a photo of you and I with the proper
mouth
alignment to put in the newsletter.

Doug "Hawkeye" Humble
www.asignabove.net