Re: N275CH First Flight Q200 potential cap problems

Sam Hoskins <shoskins@...>

Kevin,

You can expect your vent system to have very minor leaks. It would not be
expected to hold pressure over a long period of time. However, you want to
ensure there is more air entering the vent system than there is air leaving
it. Here is how I test mine, crude, but effective.

Crawl under the aircraft and wipe your ram-air vent clean with a towel. Put
your mouth over the tube and blow hard. You will be surprised at the volume
needed to pressurize the system. Quickly put your finger over the vent
tube, hold for 5 or 10 seconds, then release.

When you let go, you should feel air rushing back out of the vent. If you
do, you are ok.

Now, simulate the leak condition that you had and do the experiment again to
check the difference.

Good Luck,

Sam

http://home.mchsi.com/~shoskins/springfling.html