From: Jim Patillo
To: Q-LIST@...
Sent: Wednesday, April 20, 2005 12:42 AM
Subject: [Q-LIST] Re: N275CH First Flight Q200

Kevin,

After thinking about it, I mis-stated what happened when my vent line
was full of fuel, loosing ram pressure and using the carb heat.

When I had the problem with the fuel vent line full of gas because of
acidently turning on the aux switch with full main header and aux, I
PULLED THE CARB HEAT ON AND THE ENGINE WOULD RUN. WHEN I PUSHED THE
CARB HEAT OFF THE ENGINE WOULD QUIT. Sorry for the confusion. I think
the carb heat was acting as a choke or something to get the fuel to
flow to the carb. I don't know what else the carb heat on would have
done.

Jim P.

--- In Q-LIST@..., "Kevin Fortin" <kfortin@p...> wrote:
> Jim,
>
> Thanks for your response. Answers to your questions below:
>
> Question "3" The feed line is about 9" to 10" and looks like it is
best path
> or damn close to it. I don't think you could shorten it more than 1
inch if
> you had to.
>
> Quetsion "4" Filters clean (also new)
>
> Question "6" What does the carb heat have to do with fuel?
Obviously