Re: Revflow Carb Idle

Larry Severson

At 12:51 PM 5/20/2005 -0400, you wrote:
Q-Team - Help: The Revflow carburetor on N672CP continues to present
mysterious idle problems. When the cowling is removed and the engine
(2100DT) is idling - it purrs like kitten @ 800 RPM. When cowled and the
engine power is increased, i.e. to 1500 -2000 RPM, the engine warms up - the
RPM will not return to 800 RPM, but instead gains 300-500 RPM consistently.
Without touching anything and the throttle & linkage static the RPM seems to
creep up after several minutes of any engine acceleration/heating. I of
course noticed the problem on final when I had trouble slowing the AC for
landing, i.e. I couldn't reduce power below 1400 RPM. HOT ROUND-OUT!
Loonngg landing roll! I know there must be a magic adjustment
somewhere.......Has anyone experienced a similar situation? Please advise.
I have not found a more accommodating and helpful person than Joe Horvath
at Revmaster Aviation.
(760) 244-3074
My engine was a crank, now it is a kitten because of his advise.

Larry Severson
Fountain Valley, CA 92708
(714) 968-9852
larry2@...