Re: Old Timers

Mike Dwyer <mdwyer@...>

Ok, I will. My spars were yellow. I've made many a hard landing with no detectable degradation of the canard.
I calculated that if you load the plane to gross weight the canard has the equivalent of 4G load on it just sitting on the ground. It is being static tested before you start the engine and if it doesn't break on the ground your good to fly. Better land nice tho! Hey, go pick up a Cessna by the wing tips and see what happens...
Mike Q200 1000 hours.

Jim Patillo wrote:

Its kind of interesting that none "not one of the guys" with over 500 hours on the LS1 spar clock have spoken up. What does this mean?
Jim P. Heading for Watsonville Airshow this Weekend!