Re: Q200 fuel vent

Jim Patillo

Tad,

You are 100% incorrect! The foam in canard, main wing and control
surfaces will melt before your eyes when exposed to fuel. Need to do
some more investigatin'

Jim Patillo

--- In Q-LIST@..., Tad Simpson
<rebeccaandtad_simpson@y...> wrote:
Steve,
Thanks for the heads up. I had heard about this and did some
invesigations early on. Seems like there were also some near misses
when the wing began to flutter due to the same problem. The foam in
the canard is I believe poly urethane and is not damaged by fuel. It
is the same stuff that aircraft spruce or wicks sells for building
fuel cells

Steve <sham@i...> wrote:
Tad, If my memory serves me right there was a accident with a Q
that someone had built a wing tank. He ran auto gas and the tank
leaked, melted the foam and had a wing had a structural failure in
flight.

Careful
Steve Ham