From: Q-LIST@... [mailto:Q-LIST@...]
On Behalf Of Tad Simpson
Sent: Wednesday, June 01, 2005 10:55 PM
To: Q-LIST@...
Subject: Re: [Q-LIST] Q200 fuel vent

Steve,
Thanks for the heads up. I had heard about this and did some
invesigations early on. Seems like there were also some near
misses when the wing began to flutter due to the same
problem. The foam in the canard is I believe poly urethane
and is not damaged by fuel. It is the same stuff that
aircraft spruce or wicks sells for building fuel cells

Steve <sham@...> wrote:
Tad, If my memory serves me right there was a accident with a
Q that someone had built a wing tank. He ran auto gas and the
tank leaked, melted the foam and had a wing had a structural
failure in flight.

Careful
Steve Ham