From: Jim Patillo
To: Q-LIST@...
Sent: Friday, June 03, 2005 8:36 AM
Subject: [Q-LIST] Re: Extra fuel vent vs another pump

Peter,

As previously stated, my 5/8" return line is at the very top of the
header with the 3/16"? vent tube bent into the top of it. The fuel
in header is consistantly 1-1/2" below that level when full. The
only time that was not the case was when I mistakenly added fuel
from the aux tank into two already full tanks. That was complete
stupidity and lack of fuel management on my part. But I got
distracted and it happened to me. It can happen to others with
similar setups. Other than that *&%$UP, I have not experienced a
problem with it in 600 hours that I am aware of. Will make some
pictures available in a little while.

Regards,

Jim P. N46JP Q200 Heading for Golden West EAA Fly In tomorrow after
I pick up Sam Kittle in Calaveras County, CA.

--- In Q-LIST@..., "Peter Harris" <peterjfharris@b...>
wrote:
> Jim if your vent is located down into the return pipe it will fill
with fuel when fuel surges up the return pipe. When the main is full
then during turbulence it has nowhere else to go but up the return
pipe, and into the vent.And with the filler setup you have then the
return pipe will in fact be filled to begin.