Re: LS1 vs GU

Jim Patillo

Careful wizards. Someone may be reading this stuff!

Jim Patillo N46JP Q200 " LVK - Home to more Quickies than anywhere
in the world"

--- In Q-LIST@..., larry severson <larry2@s...> wrote:

I have concluded that the GU canard is superior to the LS-1
canard and
should be used for all new applications including Q200 for the
following
reasons:

The GU is slightly more efficient.
The LS-1 has low pitch stability.
The LS-1 has an unresolved structural integrity problem.
There are no factory spars available and no proven replacements.
The GU
is built out of available materials at lower expense (no
expensive carbon
spars).
If you create dual I beam spars, one on each side of the center
channel
support, and then complete the canard per for manual, the GU will
be
substantially stronger than the LS1 in all modes. If I build
another
canard, I will use this method of construction.

Larry Severson
Fountain Valley, CA 92708
(714) 968-9852
larry2@s...