Re: Testing

Jim Patillo

Paul,

Why are you asking such an rudimentary question being such an old
time experienced dude that you are? You know the answer.

You ever been to Reno or Lake Tahoe? I get cherries!

When I flew for United Airlines I once had an old check pilot that
said accidents don't just happen they sequence, build up and happen.
Rarely catastrophic. If something is taken out of the equation, no
accident. He said that flying planes was like going to Reno. When you
play the slot machines and get cherries. YOU GET CHERRIES! No matter
how old, how young, how smart, how experienced. I'm not cavelier,
just a realist. This wing thing may of the second kind - possibly
catastrophic.

I've never gotten more than 2.5 - 2.75 Gs on my wings either
direction (g meter installed). Except for initial testing. The canard
actually get more loading on the ground. I believe the canard repair
Bob Farnam and I came up with fixed the problem. I've goten about 400
hours on it since the repair and everything still looks fine. Further
I'm always checking my canard and main wing for any signs of fatigue,
delam or stress. If I felt what I was doing was unsafe or
overstressing my airframe I wouldn't be doing it. Having said that I
fly the way I fly. Hope it continues to work or we'll be discussing
it on the other side.

What would you suggestI do? Keep it straight and level for the rest
of it flying days? Sell it? Become afraid of it? Put a new wing on?

I'm not being smart but I don't think those are good options.

Regards,

Jim Patillo N46JP Q200 LVK - More flying Q200's than anywhere else in
the world"

--- In Q-LIST@..., "Paul Buckley" <paulbuckley@o...>