Original Builder Poll

Jim Patillo

Fella's,

I'm taking a general poll to find out how many original
builder/flyers we have amongst us. If you bought your kit from QAC
and are finishing, or have flown please let us know who you are. I
think you'll see something interesting here.

Please note how many hours you've flown your plane, serial #, what
engine you use or any that you've tried, any major structural,
engine or other problems over the years.

I'll go first:

Jim Patillo
Aircraft: Q200 N45JP Q200 - 650 hours
Serial Number:#2468 - Kit purchased October 1980
Engine: Continental - pumped up & dual electronic ignitions

This airplane has never suffered any deviation from the runway and
is totally controllable though all ranges of ground taxi and flight.

The engine has had three failures; The first - fuel starvation 100'
off the runway which was a vapor lock (throw those gascolators
away!). The second was also fuel starvation about 100' off the
runway where I had mistakenly taken off while pumping a full aux
tank into a full header/main tank. The other was a push rod seal
failure which lost all the oil and almost created a forced landing.

This airplane suffered what appeared to be the only documented
canard failure to date due to a poor testing process at the factory.

Other than that N46JP Q200 has been a pleasure to fly.

Regards,

JIm Patillo N46JP Q200