Q fuselage

Bruce Crain

Sammy,
I've been having thoughts of maybe slicing the middle out of a Q200 fuselage and slimming it down to a 1 seater. Didn't Lancair do that with their Lancair IV and add a jet engine?

With the Continental 0200 engine pumped up front the aircraft would surely be faster. Much less front plate drag. The hard part would be incorporating the tail section and fairing the top and bottom smoothly.

Should be easy to find a kit with a fuselage. Might have to pick up a couple of carbon fiber spares from "Down Under". But then again when it is finished the rest may have moved on already.

Just thinking out loud. Maybe in a few years when I retire!

Bruce
N96BJ