From: Peter Harris [mailto:peterjfharris@bigpond.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 17, 2005 10:56 PM
To: Q-LIST@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Q-LIST] Props

Jerry it is worth taking a look at the website link to "performance" and
view the annual results of the Ottawa comps. Most on record use 60x72
and run close to 3000rpm. IMO if this prop were reduced to say 56"dia
and run at 32-3300rpm the performance would be faster.ie increase rpm
by reducing the diameter (to a certain limit). I don't think we have
found the limit yet. I have chosen a 60x72 Sterba but will cut it down
to achieve redline rpm at WOT level flight,but I suspect you could go
as high as 74" pitch with a reduced diameter.I think there is more
potential airspeed to be found.
Peter