From: Mike Dwyer <mdwyer@...>
To: Q-LIST@...
Sent: Sat, 10 Dec 2005 22:56:50 -0500
Subject: Re: [Q-LIST] Fuel supply questions

I'm operating with 1/4" fuel lines but have a straight downhill run to
the carb and am careful to keep my fuel lid sealed... I'd rather have
3/8 lines but I was flying for years before that became the standard...
20 years in the air and 1000 hours.
Mike Q200

Peter Harris wrote:
Thanks Sam . That is good news. Would that be a 5/16"feed or will 1/4" do the
job?
Jab are running a mech pump and an electric pump in series. Bad idea it
doubles the risk of a blockage by jammed valves and would cut off gravity feed.
I was planning to keep the mech pump but run a gravity feed direct to the carb
with the pump in parallel. But would need a stop valve to prevent fuel
recirculating.
The Spruce listed Andair stop valve looks good but $50 seems a lot to pay?
Peter.

#2. Depends on what you mean by "cheap" and "OK".

Sam Hoskins

_____