From: Q-LIST@... [mailto:Q-LIST@...] On Behalf Of
Leon - C
Sent: Monday, January 02, 2006 7:19 PM
To: Q1_Aircraft@...; Q-LIST@...
Subject: [Q-LIST] Quickie "plans" - templates

I've just finished plotting the first set of my CAD drawn templates for the
Quickie (Q-1) and they should be in the mail to another Q-list member, for
review to make sure that I haven't made any serious mistakes, today. I'm
confidant enough that they are ready for market that I am letting the lists
know that they are available.

I haven't yet decided on just how to market them so I'm open for
suggestions.

I have 12 "D" size sheets (24"x36") that have every template, part, and jig
drawing, from the firewall aft, that I have been able to find that QAC
published with the original kit and the LS-1 upgrade. These sheets include
all of the drawings in the construction manual as well so you no longer have
to print the PDF files from David's CD with a large format printer. Just
make a copy in standard letter size for shop use.

I had considered adding a set of templates that are off-set for those that
like to hot-wire to a larger size and then sand to the final dimensions but
I have not done this - yet. If anyone really wants a set like this, ask
and I might provide.

I also have drawings of all of the welded and machined parts supplied with
the original kits - in actual size - so there is no reason that any
partially completed kit or damaged aircraft can't be finished or repaired.

Also if anyone knows of a source of reasonably priced software that will
plot both raster and vector at the same time on a Hp 650C plotter using
either WIN 98 or XP please let me know. I don't use AutoCAD much and the
standard Windows drivers just don't work with mixed formula CAD. The Hp
would be a bit quicker than my other plotter.
Leon McAtee
1 project finished, way too many left......................

_____

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

on the web.

<http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .