Re: aluminum spinner - ACS SN-4?

wesisberg <wes@...>

Hi Jim -

Mainly I was hoping to hear of bulkheads I could get faster.

I did talk with Brad and did plan the front bulkhead (make or buy).
I try to do the research before posting so as not to waste people's
time, but also I'd like to hear any objections in case I left
something out (e.g., perhaps I should keep the *kevlar* spinner but
use the SN-4 bulkheads, or buy the rear and make the front...).
I have about 100 items on my todo list for 57RM, and I'm trying not
to ask too much of you, Bob, Dave, et al. And if I did try to copy
the beautiful machine next to mine, it would be more like 1000
todo items! Yours does give me something to aim for - after 57RM is
flying again.

Thanks -
Wes

--- In Q-LIST@..., "Jim Patillo"
<logistics_engineering@m...> wrote:

Wes,

You DO need to install a front bulkhead for your spinner. Talk to
Brad Olsen about what happens when you don't. He didn't have one and
his rear bulkhead failed (around the bolt pattern) on our way back
from Oshkosh, leaving the spinner flopping around on his new prop.
Fortunately I saw it just as we landed in Rapid City, SD. A couple
more minutes and it would have failed and could have taken off the
prop as it was already cutting into it.

Jim Patillo N46JP Q200

P.S. All of the issues you keep asking about have been done and are
readily solvable. Just look at the beautiful example next you and
copy it! A no brainer. Remember there are more Q200's on your field
than anywhere else on the earth.

--- In Q-LIST@..., "wesisberg" <wes@c...> wrote:

Hi -

For my Q200 I have a fibreglas spinner and bulkhead that I've
decided
to replace with aluminum (spinner, rear bulkhead and probably front
bulkhead), most likely the Aircraft Spruce one mentioned by Sam
Hoskins in

i.e.,

http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/appages/sn4.php

If someone knows of a better (more timely?) alternative, let me
know.
(I considered getting the rear bulkhead and buying or making the
front bulkhead and sticking with the fibreglas spinner, but I'm
guessing I'd save at most a pound for the trouble.)

Thanks -
Wes