From: Jim Patillo
To: Q-LIST@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, January 13, 2006 3:31 AM
Subject: [Q-LIST] Re: aluminum spinner - ACS SN-4?

Sam,

FYI, I've been using an aluminum spinner, aluminum backing plate
and
aluminum front bulkhead (wrapped with small diameter black
rubber fuel
hose)for 700+ hours now and have never had a problem. The front
bulkhead/rubber hose to spinner is a fairly snug push on fit.

Regards,

Jim P.

P.S. I've now converted the outer bushings on my ailerons and
elevators
from steel on steel bushings(factory)to Rulon on steel. It
completely
eliminated the up/down slop found on most all Q's. The controls
are
extremely smooth. I will keep everyone informed as I complete a
1 yr.
test period.

-- In Q-LIST@yahoogroups.com, shoskins@m... wrote:

> Apparently the plate/tubing combination was not rock solid and
some
movement
> occurred. This movement flexes the back plate and develops
cracks.
The cracks
> appear as very thin black lines on the backplate, often around
the
> circumference of the crankshaft flange.
> Sam

training Aviation maintenance schools
Aviation maintenance schools Aviation Aviation art

of Service.