Re: aluminum spinner - ACS SN-4?

Ron <rondefly@...>

--- In Q-LIST@yahoogroups.com, "Jim Patillo"
<logistics_engineering@m...> wrote:
Peter, I forgot about Jims balancer, his method is really cool,
mine would have been the old way to do it. At any rate we should all
agree tha balancing is most important.

Ron T

Peter,

I have a Dynamic Prop Balancer which actually makes it fairly easy
to balance the whole assembly in one step. The FAA calls for a
balance if over 2.0 IPS (I think) for certified airplanes? Mine is
balanced to .05 IPS with a near 0 phase angle. It makes the engine
pretty smooth.

The additional problem however, comes from the harmonics of the
airframe as it cuts through the air. You can get a good ground
balance and still have vibration at certain RPM's in the air. You
just have to play with the dynamic balance to compensate.

It would be so nice to be able to balance the whole thing in the
air
at a particular cruise speed.

Regards,

Jim

--- In Q-LIST@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Harris" <peterjfharris@b...>
wrote:

I think balance is a big factor but not so easy to balance the
cone.
Peter