Re: Clam shell tire covers

raoborg@...

Can you recommend a place to obtain sparrows trainers? raoul

--- damiantwinsport@aol.com wrote:

From: damiantwinsport@aol.com
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 16:13:41 -0500
To: Q-LIST@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Q-LIST] Clam shell tire covers
The tuft test tells all . Sam Hoskins posted his tuft test for
his wheel pants and subsuquently modified his pants to resemble
an RV pant. If you look carefully at Sam's test you will notice
tufts on outside of pant around wheel being dragged into the
wheel cavity. Simply applying parking brake may turn exposed
wheel into a fairing... but a crummy one. If one were to make a
sliding cover simply actuated (like a cable) that source of
turbulence would turn into laminar flow(we like that) instead
of turbulance(we do not like that).
One simply has to look at a bycycle in the rain and observe
where the water goes .Un fendered it sprays over your head and
wets your back.
@ Daytona Int. Speedway during trials week I had an inner
fender attatched to the swing arm to cut off and control the
vortex of air around rear tire, The rider thought it was
nonsense until the bracket broke and I removed fender, he went
back out on the track without any other changes and lost 7mph.
I fixed fender and he most assuredely wanted it replaced ,which
I did, he regained that 7mph
I call it polishing the apple. Something Sam Hoskins has been
doing for a while.
Regards,
Damian Gregory N8427 Q200