From: Q-LIST@... [mailto:Q-LIST@...] On Behalf Of
Ron Weiss
Sent: Wednesday, May 24, 2006 10:24 PM
To: Q-LIST@...
Subject: [Q-LIST] Re: Flight Test

--funny, i just glassed a hard mount for a tail-skid on my tri q then came home and read this. simple design with 2 break-away points to absorb shocks. let me know if your interested ....Ron- In Q-
LIST@..., Boddicker <trumanst@...> wrote:

18 May 06
Plan for today was to fly away from the airport and pitch bucks.
TO from 35 was again normal. Climb at 110 to 115 MPH to keep the
CHTs lower.

Flew over our house and around the local area for a while. back to
the

airport for the pitch buck tests. Power on speeds were a bit
slower than

power off. No buck until about 70MPH IAS. On one recovery, the
airspeed had

increased a bit so I pulled back on the stick to loose some speed.
The plane

bucked at about 85 MPH. I could not reproduce this. Maybe an
accelerated

stall of the canard. The reflexor was set at or slightly below
1/4 TE up.

Power off tests were very much as expected. Did use about 1000 ft
of

altitude during these tests. While still at 4500, I decided to
fly to

Decorah.
The landing was bad. Everything looking great. Speed, decent,
round out,

then a gust raised the right side. The left main came down hard. I
then over

flared ( hard to change old habits) came back down on the mains
hard. Nose

down hard and sprang back into the air, but the mains were on the
ground.

Results, ground off the lower tail skin and half of the rear
clearance

light. Did no damage to the rudder or attach points. I did not
know it had

happened until my CFI, who was watching the whole thing, told me.
Of little

consolation, he did say things looked great until the gust caught
me. Put in

5 gal of fuel and flew back to the airport. Landing on 35 normal.

Kevin Boddicker
Luana, Iowa
Tri Q200 N7868B 13.2 hours
Flying!!!!

Aviation
<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Aviation+maintenance&w1=Aviation+mainte
nance&w2=Aviation+maintenance+training&w3=Aviation+maintenance+schools&w4=Av
iation+maintenance+schools&w5=Aviation&w6=Aviation+art&c=6&s=161&.sig=NYqbfr
CRSu-_RfVcTvi4nA> maintenance
Aviation
<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Aviation+maintenance+training&w1=Aviati
on+maintenance&w2=Aviation+maintenance+training&w3=Aviation+maintenance+scho
ols&w4=Aviation+maintenance+schools&w5=Aviation&w6=Aviation+art&c=6&s=161&.s
ig=UheaD83XCnCASim3ftrZHw> maintenance training
Aviation
<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Aviation+maintenance+schools&w1=Aviatio
n+maintenance&w2=Aviation+maintenance+training&w3=Aviation+maintenance+schoo
ls&w4=Aviation+maintenance+schools&w5=Aviation&w6=Aviation+art&c=6&s=161&.si
g=aX8ElLSzXlWeeJ4RuRL4kw> maintenance schools

Aviation
<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Aviation+maintenance+schools&w1=Aviatio
n+maintenance&w2=Aviation+maintenance+training&w3=Aviation+maintenance+schoo
ls&w4=Aviation+maintenance+schools&w5=Aviation&w6=Aviation+art&c=6&s=161&.si
g=aX8ElLSzXlWeeJ4RuRL4kw> maintenance schools
Aviation
<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Aviation&w1=Aviation+maintenance&w2=Avi
ation+maintenance+training&w3=Aviation+maintenance+schools&w4=Aviation+maint
enance+schools&w5=Aviation&w6=Aviation+art&c=6&s=161&.sig=dx8FsS6KYgxHm3RuBm
YoSA>
Aviation
<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Aviation+art&w1=Aviation+maintenance&w2
=Aviation+maintenance+training&w3=Aviation+maintenance+schools&w4=Aviation+m
aintenance+schools&w5=Aviation&w6=Aviation+art&c=6&s=161&.sig=dRTZGQXiIldZ3q
X6IHfOfQ> art

_____
YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

on the web.