Re: Flight Test

Boddicker <trumanst@...>

Clever. Very clever!!! :>)

on 5/25/06 5:46 AM, Sam Hoskins at shoskins@... wrote:

Kevin – I believe there is a retrofit mod for this kind of problem. You
simply mount a little wheel on the very end of the tail. You can even make
it swivel and hook it up to the rudder pedals. Some of us are still using
it.

Sam

_____

From: Q-LIST@... [mailto:Q-LIST@...] On Behalf Of
Ron Weiss
Sent: Wednesday, May 24, 2006 10:24 PM
To: Q-LIST@...
Subject: [Q-LIST] Re: Flight Test

--funny, i just glassed a hard mount for a tail-skid on my tri q
then came home and read this. simple design with 2 break-away points
to absorb shocks. let me know if your interested ....Ron- In Q-
LIST@..., Boddicker <trumanst@...> wrote:

18 May 06
Plan for today was to fly away from the airport and pitch bucks.
TO from 35 was again normal. Climb at 110 to 115 MPH to keep the
CHTs lower.
Flew over our house and around the local area for a while. back to
the
airport for the pitch buck tests. Power on speeds were a bit
slower than
power off. No buck until about 70MPH IAS. On one recovery, the
airspeed had
increased a bit so I pulled back on the stick to loose some speed.
The plane
bucked at about 85 MPH. I could not reproduce this. Maybe an
accelerated
stall of the canard. The reflexor was set at or slightly below
1/4² TE up.
Power off tests were very much as expected. Did use about 1000 ft
of
altitude during these tests. While still at 4500¹, I decided to
fly to
Decorah.
The landing was bad. Everything looking great. Speed, decent,
round out,
then a gust raised the right side. The left main came down hard. I
then over
flared ( hard to change old habits) came back down on the mains
hard. Nose
down hard and sprang back into the air, but the mains were on the
ground.
Results, ground off the lower tail skin and half of the rear
clearance
light. Did no damage to the rudder or attach points. I did not
know it had
happened until my CFI, who was watching the whole thing, told me.
Of little
consolation, he did say things looked great until the gust caught
me. Put in
5 gal of fuel and flew back to the airport. Landing on 35 normal.

Kevin Boddicker
Luana, Iowa
Tri Q200 N7868B 13.2 hours
Flying!!!!

Aviation
<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Aviation+maintenance&w1=Aviation+mainte
nance&w2=Aviation+maintenance+training&w3=Aviation+maintenance+schools&w4=Av
iation+maintenance+schools&w5=Aviation&w6=Aviation+art&c=6&s=161&.sig=NYqbfr
CRSu-_RfVcTvi4nA> maintenance

Aviation
<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Aviation+maintenance+training&w1=Aviati
on+maintenance&w2=Aviation+maintenance+training&w3=Aviation+maintenance+scho
ols&w4=Aviation+maintenance+schools&w5=Aviation&w6=Aviation+art&c=6&s=161&.s
ig=UheaD83XCnCASim3ftrZHw> maintenance training

Aviation
<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Aviation+maintenance+schools&w1=Aviatio
n+maintenance&w2=Aviation+maintenance+training&w3=Aviation+maintenance+schoo
ls&w4=Aviation+maintenance+schools&w5=Aviation&w6=Aviation+art&c=6&s=161&.si
g=aX8ElLSzXlWeeJ4RuRL4kw> maintenance schools

Aviation
<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Aviation+maintenance+schools&w1=Aviatio
n+maintenance&w2=Aviation+maintenance+training&w3=Aviation+maintenance+schoo
ls&w4=Aviation+maintenance+schools&w5=Aviation&w6=Aviation+art&c=6&s=161&.si
g=aX8ElLSzXlWeeJ4RuRL4kw> maintenance schools

Aviation
<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Aviation&w1=Aviation+maintenance&w2=Avi
ation+maintenance+training&w3=Aviation+maintenance+schools&w4=Aviation+maint
enance+schools&w5=Aviation&w6=Aviation+art&c=6&s=161&.sig=dx8FsS6KYgxHm3RuBm
YoSA>

Aviation
<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Aviation+art&w1=Aviation+maintenance&w2
=Aviation+maintenance+training&w3=Aviation+maintenance+schools&w4=Aviation+m
aintenance+schools&w5=Aviation&w6=Aviation+art&c=6&s=161&.sig=dRTZGQXiIldZ3q
X6IHfOfQ> art

_____

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

on the web.