From: "Leon - C" <leon@...>
To: <Q-LIST@...>, "Mark McAtee"
<Mark_McAtee@...>
Subject: [Q-LIST] Sport pilot medical

Ran across this on another list and thought I'd pass
it along - even though
it isnt' really relevant to Q pilots. It may be no
mor than "urban legand"
but might be worth checking into for those that
might be in need.

---------------------------------
Last year the FAA presented details of the medical
rules at the
Illinois Safety Seminar in Springfield.

Here is a key item. If your last medical was not
cancelled, you can
then use your drivers license. And is here the way
around your last
cancellation per the FAA. Request a single flight
medical for a ferry
flight of a short distance. Almost always granted.
Now your last
medical is not a failure. You dont need to actually
make the flight,
just have permission.

Your request of course would be for a single flight,
VFR, no
passengers, etc so there is no danger to anyone.
Leon