Re: Larger fuel tank under seat + higher cabin headroom.

Christopher <qdf_files@...>

When you add it up like that I can clearly see that is really plenty
of fuel, I'd be hard pressed to fly that long without a stop
somewhere but I like the idea of extra range to fly around weather,
if I do something stupid. Alaska is a huge place and the weather is
always changing in a hurry. NO excuse for being sloppy just because
you have extra fuel, but it won't hurt either.

That Aux tank really makes a difference. I'm pretty dedicated
towards doing something different from a regular Q or DF with my
project even if it takes me ten years to finish it. I want to put a
T-Tail on it as the sole elevator and perhaps look into flapperons
for both wings.

I can hear the groans now.... huge undertaking, not something for a
novice... only an engineer with experience etc.. I will hire one!

Oh, all this makes extra weight but I'm planning on spending some
bucks for a Jabiru 3.3 and that will help reduce some weight.

Christopher

--- In Q-LIST@..., "Sam Hoskins" <shoskins@...> wrote:

Christopher, I have 32 gallons, which gives me a 750+ mile range.
I did
endeavor to keep the tanks as large as possible, but the header
and main are
close to stock. I think the Q-200 plans did call for a smaller
header, but
I think that was solely to allow access to the engine mounting
bolts. With
a little finagling I was able to keep it at 6.5 gallons. There
are lots of
header tanks shown in the old Q-Talks. Here's what I have.

Header = 6.5

Main = 16.5

Aux = 9

Sam Hoskins Q-200