From: Christopher
To: Q-LIST@...
Sent: Wednesday, September 13, 2006 9:02 AM
Subject: [Q-LIST] Re: Larger fuel tank under seat + higher cabin headroom.

When you add it up like that I can clearly see that is really plenty
of fuel, I'd be hard pressed to fly that long without a stop
somewhere but I like the idea of extra range to fly around weather,
if I do something stupid. Alaska is a huge place and the weather is
always changing in a hurry. NO excuse for being sloppy just because
you have extra fuel, but it won't hurt either.

That Aux tank really makes a difference. I'm pretty dedicated
towards doing something different from a regular Q or DF with my
project even if it takes me ten years to finish it. I want to put a
T-Tail on it as the sole elevator and perhaps look into flapperons
for both wings.

I can hear the groans now.... huge undertaking, not something for a
novice... only an engineer with experience etc.. I will hire one!

Oh, all this makes extra weight but I'm planning on spending some
bucks for a Jabiru 3.3 and that will help reduce some weight.

Christopher

--- In Q-LIST@..., "Sam Hoskins" <shoskins@...> wrote:

> Christopher, I have 32 gallons, which gives me a 750+ mile range.
I did
> endeavor to keep the tanks as large as possible, but the header
and main are
> close to stock. I think the Q-200 plans did call for a smaller
header, but
> I think that was solely to allow access to the engine mounting
bolts. With
> a little finagling I was able to keep it at 6.5 gallons. There
are lots of
> header tanks shown in the old Q-Talks. Here's what I have.
>
> Header = 6.5
>
> Main = 16.5
>
> Aux = 9
>
> Sam Hoskins Q-200