From: Russ <datachomper@gmail.com>
To: Q-LIST@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Q-LIST] Re: Q2 --> Q200 ATTENTION RUSS MEYERRIECKS and DANNY CREECH
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 14:39:35 -0000

Guys,
Please allow me to appologize. I must not be communicating my
question very well and I'm sorry.

I understand that the Q-200 uses the LS1 airfoil and a carbon spar
for the canard to fix the bug/rain problem with the GU airfoil and to
add extra support for the heavier 0-200 engine. So, here I am with the
LS1 templates in hand and ready to cut my foam cores. I pour through
all the documents that I've collected on the Q2/200 trying to find any
specific instructions for cutting out the "LS1" cores and I find none.
I've looked through the Q2 Manual, the LS1 Addendum, and Q200 Plans
section II (and I did a fruitless search in this yahoo group). The
closest thing I could find was in the beginning of the "LS1" Addendum
where they say the canard cores from BL0 to BL15 are cut into two
pieces instead of one. So I'm *assuming* I should cut the LS1
BL15-BL100 cores the same way as the GU cores would be cut. (I'm NOT
cutting GU airfoils).

Again, I appologize. Assumptions make me uneasy, especially
considering the magnitude of the project. All I wanted to do was
double check that I wasn't missing anything before I cut into my
expensive foam. I didn't mean for it to turn into a big ordeal.

Russ Meyerriecks
Huntsville, AL