Delamination

Allan Farr <afarr@...>

Has anyone else had problems with delamination of the fuse/tank floor? I have the tank out inorder to build a new leak-proof one (separate & removable), and the closer I look at the floor, the more problems I find. There is some unevenness (rippling) of the floor - how could this happen, isn't it factory built? Also a couple of areas where the inner glass has delaminated from the foam. I have removed most of the delaminated glass, and some of the foam which was contaminated with something that smelt like ether, but I wonder if patches are good enough or if I should redo the whole floor. As it is, I intend to clean up the areas concerned and reglass with a 3" overlap (& re-foam where it was removed).
Allan F
Q2