From: Peter Harris [mailto:peterjfharris@...]
Sent: Wednesday, September 20, 2006 12:31 AM
To: Q-LIST@...
Subject: RE: [Q-LIST] Re: Air Flow at canard - fuselage intersection LS1

Dave, I made gills for cooling the Norton and have kept them for the
Jabiru
3300 installation. I was not aware of Burt's work. I cut "D" shaped
panels
from the rear side cowl one each side and glassed the "D" reversed
inside
the cowl to make inverted "gills". I think they produce no drag and
located
in this low pressure area they work well. But I have retained the shroud
and
tunnel underneath. When the shroud is closed I get a cruise CHT of
239degF
when ambient is about 77degF. These gills show up in the pics file for
VHONQ
Oskar.

Peter

_____