Re: Q canopies

Dave Richardson <dave@...>

I've heard Todd's Canopies can make a Q2 canopy and are reasonably
priced.

On the anhedral, I have it on my Tri-Q2 LS1 canard and I also trained in
one with it as well. I get some 15+ knot direct crosswinds pretty
regularly at my home airport and it has not been a huge issue. For me,
keeping the other end of the runway in sight after round out to help
keep the wings level has been pretty effective. I have drifted a bit
in the direction of the crosswind, though, but my runway is 100' wide.
I can't tell you why, but it does not seem to be as effected by
crosswind as the Cessnas I've flown. Perhaps it is the lack of a flat
side surface or reduced weathervane effect or something. I don't know.
My wife has been out watching me do landings on some crosswind days and
she will see the Cessnas hop and skip down the runway on one of their
main gear wheels and until they finally flomp down on the other two.
I'll follow right behind them and land level without the drama. Trust
me, I'm no hot stick. The Tri-Q just seems to be pretty reasonable in a
crosswind even with the anhedral.

Dave Richardson

Tri-Q2 825DR

_____