From: Q-LIST@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Q-LIST@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of
Jason Muscat
Sent: Wednesday, 27 September 2006 2:39 PM
To: Q-LIST@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [Q-LIST] Re: Air Flow at canard - fuselage intersection LS1

im sure i have to brush up on my dynamics (statics is so much easier) but
isnt there a distinction between pressure, and what i think you are refuring
to "in the direction of flow" velocity?
after all as the speed of a moving fluid (liquid or gas) increases, the
pressure within that fluid decreases. The principle states that the total
energy in a steadily flowing fluid system is a constant along the flow path.
An increase in the fluids speed must be matched by a decrease in it's
pressure. There is no refrence to the "vector" of the pressure difference,
it is "with in" the fluid. ....sticky sticky ...

larry severson <larry2@socal. <mailto:larry2%40socal.rr.com> rr.com> wrote:

Peter,
Actually when the air slows and expands the pressure increases. It is
counter intuitive.
No, the increased pressure is perpendicular to the direction of flow.
It is reduced in the direction of flow.

Larry Severson
Fountain Valley, CA 92708
(714) 968-9852
larry2@socal. <mailto:larry2%40socal.rr.com> rr.com

How low will we go? Check out Yahoo! Messenger's low PC-to-Phone call rates.