Re: [Dragonflylist] Congratulations on a successful flyin and I need a little help here (Grin!)

Spud Spornitz <spudspornitz@...>

Hi Justin,

The event did go very well (a little windy), the newbie's and oldies
learned a bunch, we laughed a lot (cried some too!), saw some fun flying
(That 540 Cozy IV was a rocket!!), and the camaraderie was off the
scale, but the folks from AZ area and the west coast were very much
missed.

Super thanks for the report as it sounds like you guys have been busy
building airplanes!!!! Which is the most important part.

We had two attending Dragonfly's, Letempt and Bourque and the balance
was Q-1's, Q-2's & Q-200's (with a Cozy IV and Velocity to pick for a
"Tie" for Biggest Deviation of Plans award). There will be a full report
in the up-coming editions of both newsletters.

I must admit, I'm a little perplexed why we don't more Q's & DF's and
their pilots attending (particularly Dragonfly's) from the AZ area and
west coast. Maybe its flying over the mountains, maybe some are
uncomfortable with engine combinations (VW, etc), maybe its to close to
Oshkosh, maybe it timing, maybe it just isn't important enough (it
certainly is plenty of work!), maybe people just have to busy a schedule
to carve out that time, who knows for sure?????

Tell me Justin (and you trusty band of AZ DF's), also Richard in Chino,
Hale, Patillo, Farnham and etc. What's a good weekend in Sep/Oct 2007
that would work for you guys, Sept 7-9th or Sep 14-16th or Sep 21-23rd
or Oct 5-7th. Give me some feed back guys and we'll try to scheduled
around what works for you. We want you here, you are very much part of
the group!!!

And now after this years event, I really need you guy's help in a big
way, I now have this bet with Jimmy Masal on the amount of attending
tandem wing aircraft, Q's & DF's in 2007 (no Longs, Cozy or Velocity's
don't count). I need 20 or more Q's & DF's flying/attending (with a
minimum of 5 DF's). Yes, yes, yes, I have opened my big mouth again!!!!!
So guys, you tell me what its going to take?? (Within reason!!!) to get
you and your planes to Kansas in September/October 2007. All bribes will
be entertained (Grin!!) In 1993 we had 27 or 28 tandems at the event,
why not 20 in 2007. I don't see why not, with a little organization we
can pull this off (And I win! <Happy Dance>). So I ask you Q and DF
drivers out there, tell me what it going to take to get you here in
2007!!!!!!

Important note: No Jimmy, this isn't cheating, you never said I couldn't
ask for help!!!! (Snicker, snicker!!!)

Very Best Regards,

Spud Spornitz
Olathe, Kansas

P.S. Yes, we'll play Poker in 2007, we will even have an "official
dealer" for the event. We gave away $150 ($100,$30 & $20) in poker this
year, but can't remember the names right now. But that was fun!!!