Total commitment...

quickieflying <quickieflying@...>

Hi Terry,
Thanks for being so candid and honest with your experience, it's the only way people will know and
maybe change the way things are done.
That being said you should also realize the amount of work, commitment, planning, and sometimes
begging that an event organizer must go thru year after year to put on something for no pay and
sometimes ridicule. The LVK boys have done these things for our enjoyment, and benefit and for the
desire of bringing together folks they have known for years and may or may not have met. If you're
new to a group of people make it known, people are the same everywhere. The T-18 folks are no
different or maybe they need friends more than Quickie folks (just kidding of course), and yes I
know several T-18 in the NW.
If you're with in the LVK area I'd take JP up on his offer and come again, & givem another try.
Terry, enjoy yourself and welcome to the group.

We need to see the world as it is, not as we see it.
David Hiatt
N3223X
N34DQ
N6725F

From Terry

Jim,
Since you asked ..........
I attended my first LVK a year ago, drove over on Saturday. One Dragonfly was there so I stuck my
head in to look around and get some pictures. The owner introduced himself and took the time to
answer a few of my questions. Then I walked to each of the other Qs and took pictures. Not one Q
driver introduced himself/herself. I took some pictures and left as the call went out for lunch.
Yes, I could've stayed for lunch, and yes I could have been more forward and introduced myself.
Maybe if I had brought my Dragonfly I would have been assimilated into the group.
This year as the date for LVK rolled around, I wasn't even interested in attending.
Last weekend I attended my first Thorp T18 fly-in at Porterville. Eighteen Thorps flew in, locals
plus Oregon, Washington, Utah, Colorado, Nevada, and three from AZ. I knew two people, but nearly
everyone introduced themselves. There was a couple of seminars (short and to the point, legal
stuff, aerobatics, maintenance, mods) and a few info-mercials from guys building parts. I was
impressed. One of the companies supplying T18 parts is based at PTV and hosts the event. As with
the TW group the Thorp group also has an eastern fly-in at Kentucky Dam.

Terry Adams
N41521
N51079
From Jim P.

Jerry hit it on the head regarding our flyins. Having them spread out
does allow more people to participate. The problem as he so acurately
points out is if people don't support them they go away. We've had a
few people attend from the east and we are grateful but mainly wind up
with the regualars from here.

When we started at LVK over six years ago, I had plans to grow our
event with seminars and more events to rival FOD. Bob on the other
hand wanted to keep it more of a meet and greet thing and that is what
its turned into. That's fine but I think the participation level is
dwendling and as a result, we need to give serious consideration as to
whether we have another LVK fly in or not. Any suggestions?

Jim Patillo
N46JP Q200