Re: Anyone help with Crazing and sunbumps

Jim Patillo

Richard,

I misread your post before I spoke, sorry. I guess these are just
blisters between the glass and paint primer you are refering to.

Why can't you carefully sand thru the affected area, use some light
weight filler and repaint?

Sorry for the misunderstanding,
Jim Patillo Q200

--- In Q-LIST@..., Mike Dwyer <mdwyer@...> wrote:

Sun bumps? See:
http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/Hall/1653/re1.html

If sun bumps are areas where the paint is raised then you will
likely
find the area to be much larger than the bump you see.

Mike Q200

Richard Thomson wrote:
Can anyone advise how to deal with local crazing and
sunbumps? I have
several areas on the Tri-Q I am restoring where there are small
patches
(1-2" dia ) that need local repair, the main area around them
and the
underneath glass is in good condition, and I do not want to
strip the whole
thing to repair them. I can find loads on finishing the new
airframe, but
cannot see much so far on repairs of this type. Can someone
point me in the
right direction please.

Thanks,
Richard.

Richard Thomson
Weston s Mare , UK
Tri-Q G-BMFN ( 21 yrs since 1st reg. this month )
Viggen@...