From: Allan Farr
To: Q-LIST@...
Sent: Wednesday, October 18, 2006 4:39 PM
Subject: Re: [Q-LIST] Flight characteristics questions

David,
The elevators on my GU canard appeared to me to have been put on upside down by the original builder as the trailing edge curved up. I have gone to alot of trouble flipping them over so that the t/e curves down - do you think I should have left them as is?
Allan Farr
Q2
P.S. On fast taxi runs with the elevators as they were (t/e curved up), the canard didn't want to fly. I need all the lift I can get up front, and that is one reason why I flipped the elevators over.

From: paulbuckley@...
Date: Oct 17, 2006 13:28
To: <Q-LIST@...>
Subj: Re: [Q-LIST] Flight characteristics questions

Dave

As a matter of interest, an old method of achieving trim was to 'dope'
a length of string along the airfoil trailing edge, varying the length
to achieve the desired effect.
Do you think that this method could be used underneath the GU
elevators as an alternative to camber, if only as a temporary
explorative measure?

Paul Buckley
Cheshire
England