Re: Flight characteristics questions

MartinErni@...

Jeff,
Not all Q's are like the one described that would not lift a wing with
rudder. My plane easily lifts a wing with rudder. When I want to fold a map I
get on the rudder so my hands are free. A few years back, before I put my
pitch trim switch on the stick, I flew it for 30 minutes without touching the
stick using pitch trim and rudder. That was on an average summer day with
average turbulence. I could have done it all day but 30 minutes gave me the info I
wanted.
I don't know if not having anhedral on the canard makes a difference or
not. Maybe anhedral on the canard partially cancels the dihedral of the wing.
It's amazing how many differences we find in the same design with different
builders.

Earnest
Triq200 960 hrs