From: Larry Hamm
To: Q-LIST@...
Sent: Friday, October 20, 2006 4:54 PM
Subject: Re: [Q-LIST] Taxiing before first flight. (long editorial)

Bob,

Install a bellcrank a la the JB6, but with a twist.

Fab a disk with a cable guide groove on the edge, sort of like an
automotive throttle advance on the side of a carb or throttle body. This
disk should be oval shaped, with the long axis pointed at the rudder.
The rudder cables are connected at the end closest to the cockpit, and
run down each side of the disk. This disk is attached to the top of the
bellcrank. As the bellcrank and disk turn, the rudder cables see an
increasing radius and turn the rudder faster. That will give you the
exponential response you're looking for, I believe.

Clear as mud??

That's the "Hamm" mod to the JB6. (If it works!)

Larry Hamm