Re: the Official Runway Distance thread

britmcman99

870BM had good elevator authority on landing with full down reflexor (Nose
down / tail high - main wing highest lift factor configuration). This gave
best view of runway during approach. Landing was tail wheel first with
elevator controlling attitude. Upon canard touchdown I would pull full up reflex
(reflex control on right hand).

With this configuration, I suspect the plane could fly at its slowest since
both reflexed ailerons and the elevators presented a high lift wind
configuration. Once on the deck, the switched reflexor assures main wing won't fly
and tail wheel authority is better assured.

Phil Lankford