Re: the Official Runway Distance thread

Tri-Q1 <rryan@...>

Phil,

Is FULL down reflexor on the ailerons, on 870BM, the same aileron
position as planes without a reflexor installed?

Ryan

--- In Q-LIST@..., britmcman@... wrote:

870BM had good elevator authority on landing with full down
reflexor (Nose down / tail high - main wing highest lift factor
configuration). This gave best view of runway during approach.
Landing was tail wheel first with elevator controlling attitude.

Upon canard touchdown I would pull full up reflex
(reflex control on right hand).

With this configuration, I suspect the plane could fly at its
slowest since
both reflexed ailerons and the elevators presented a high lift
wind
configuration. Once on the deck, the switched reflexor assures
main wing won't fly
and tail wheel authority is better assured.

Phil Lankford