Re: Headset & FCC

wesisberg <wes@...>

I agree with others (no, no, no), but I do know a CFI who lost comm
under IFR conditions, spoke to tower on his cell phone, and got in
safely and without repercussions for phone use. (That was his
argument for carrying a directory with tower numbers.)

If you were under IFR or perhaps VFR flight following, your brother
might be able to track your progress himself, e.g.,

http://flightaware.com/live/airport/KLVK

Wes

--- In Q-LIST@..., denpau@... wrote:

Since, like most of you, I use a cell phone, I was intrigued by the
advertising of headsets with cell phone connections.
I had been reading, off and on, about regulations against using a
cell in
flight. It would be great to give my brother a call, 20 minutes out,
to pick
me up at the airport.
I e-mailed the EAA to get some reliable info. The reply was that the
FAA
didn't have any regs against cell use in the air but the FCC says
no, no,
definitely NO!

Dennis