From: Q-LIST@... [mailto:Q-LIST@...] On Behalf Of
Jon Finley
Sent: Saturday, 4 November 2006 7:32 AM
To: Q-LIST@...
Subject: RE: [Q-LIST] Dust Collection

Hi Jay,

The couple of times that I've finished a Q, I used a broom and dustpan.
That said, I'm sure I've breathed enough glass/epoxy dust to last a
lifetime.

I've seen people put a breathing system in place (basically just a simple
fresh air mask) that I thought was a good idea. A full evacuation system
would be cool. However; this strikes me as one of those things where you can
spend the next two years and x dollars installing when you could/should be
working on your plane. So, guess my tip is to use something to minimize the
amount of junk you breath but keep it cheap/simple/quick.

Oh, the other advantage of some sort of simple evacuation system would not
being constantly covered in dust. Not too many things better than sweating
like a pig while covered in white goo. If it isn't a quarter inch thick in
your nose or all over the inside of your shirt and pants, it's formed a nice
paste with your sweat and is covering your face and arms..... Yum - love
that finish work....

Jon Finley
N90MG - Q2 - Subaru EJ-22 Legacy
http://www.finleywe <http://www.finleyweb.net/Q2Subaru> b.net/Q2Subaru