From: Mike Dwyer
To: Q-LIST@...
Sent: Saturday, November 18, 2006 8:31 AM
Subject: Re: [Q-LIST] Followup on fuel contamination issues..MOGAS

Or use the cheapest Mogas you can find (no additives), which is what I
do. 1400 hours on Mogas (several different planes). I am concerned
about the increasing use of alcohol in mo gas tho.

The facts are that E85 (85% Alcohol) gets you only 60% as far as regular
gas. It is estimated that it takes a gallon of gas to make a gallon of
alcohol after you consider the fertilizer manufacture and the tractors
planting and harvesting... So where's the savings? The alcohol can do
some very bad things to our fuel lines and carburetor. I plan to write
my state reps and ask that Alcohol not be added to mogas in Florida and
recommend that everyone does the same for their state.

Mike Q200