anyone got a BRS in a Q or a Dfly?

bjaphd <bjaphd@...>

Maybe this has been covered before, but I have not seen mention of
it in my few months of monitoring the Q and Dfly lists, and I didn't
find anything specific to the Q or Dfly in a google search. I did
find some information about BRS in some other canard designs, but
not a Q or Dfly.

I know there are some strong opinions for and against the BRS in
general, which have been well hashed out with respect to other
aircraft. I am not interested in going over that debate once again,
I have simply made the personal choice that I would like my non-
pilot passengers to have an option if I should happen to stroke out
in the midst of a flight one day.

Since I am seriously considering building one of these type of
aircraft, I am just curios if anyone has done it, of if there are
reasons I am not aware of that would make it hard to design into
these aircraft? (other than the cost and weight hits, which I am
already aware of). I presume attachment points and weight and
balance issues would be the primary difficulty?

Thanks in advance for any opinions offered.

Brian