From: Richard Hole
To: Q-LIST@...
Sent: Thursday, November 30, 2006 9:37 PM
Subject: [Q-LIST] Re: anyone got a BRS in a Q or a Dfly?

Interesting... The BRS came along long after the present Q design so
you will be making design changes. I would suggest we not debate
the issue of chutes but be willing to explore the possibilities.

The attachment will be an issue. When the chute deploys there will
be a large impact load on the attachment. They will need to be very
sturdy and spread the load far enough so that the straps do not just
pull free.

The BRS guys may be your best resource. You should be able to
compensate for the balance by moving the battery sufficiently
forward.

I would suggest you spend some time with a flying Q and a mockup of
the BRS install pack to get some ideas how you could mount it, if it
will fit at all.